As you might have guessed one of the projects you'll work on with your students in English 110 is a class blog. Don't worry, if you've never blogged before we'll take you step-by-step through the process in Pre-Quarter Workshop (and for expert bloggers, wait to create your class blog until you get the guidelines from us). For those of you who blog, read blogs, or feel inspired to start, post a list of blogs you read casually, are addicted to, or those you despise. I'm interseted in academic blogs, celebrity blogs, personal blogs, news blogs, any blog that catches your attention. I'll collect a list and put it together in the blog links section. Thanks!
3 comments:
I'll throw out one that I enjoy glancing at sometimes.
A Journey Round My Skull:
"Unhealthy book fetishism from a reader, collector, and amateur historian of forgotten literature." Recent obsessions: illustration and graphic design.
It's mostly just illustrations from Asian, Middle Eastern and sometimes European books with a bit of information about what you're looking at. A lot of it is from children's books, and most of it is fairly bizarre and beautiful.
http://ajourneyroundmyskull.blogspot.com/
In honor of the new season of Project Runway...
http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/
I'm going to justify this blog's relevance to FYW by saying that I think Tim Gunn, Project Runway's resident adviser, is the ultimate teacher. Seriously. I sometimes model my pedagogy after Tim Gunn, and this works well. Not to mention that when I'm writing, my silent mantra is often "make it work." (That's one of Tim's catchphrases, if you're not familiar with the show.)
And, quite frankly, the writing here is just damn funny, smart, and insightful!
I just have to say it:
http://rateyourstudents.blogspot.com/
It's just so fun.
But, seriously.
http://www.feministing.com/ - This is my go to blog for feminist related news.
A personal blog is enjoy:
http://hugoschwyzer.net/ - He's a gender studies prof in California and writes from a Christan, progressive, academic, vegan, pro-feminist. Very interesting mix. There's a lot of fatherhood reflection going on right now (he just had his first baby), but overall it is a great read.
Post a Comment