Hwæt!

I'm Karen Bruce, I'm originally from South Africa, and I'm a second year MA student in the department. I'm a medievalist, and I work on both the Anglo-Saxon period and the High Middle Ages. My recent research has been on constructions of disability in Alfredian England.

When I'm not busy being a grad student, I'm your standard issue girl geek. I enjoy comic books, science fiction and fantasy, and am currently dividing my "fun" reading time between Bill Willingham's brilliant Fables and Neal Stephenson's equally brilliant Anathem. I am also a gamer, who is currently obsessed with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I also am secretly a crazy cat lady, whose kitten Hobbes really thinks that she is a tiger and stalks her around the apartment.

Fortunately, my fiance Phil thinks all of that is cute.

I've been having far too much fun setting up my blog, and playing with templates and widgets. Originally, I was going to become a programmer, and I still have moments when I miss coding. So, if you have any technical questions about the blogs, I'd be more than happy to help.

0 comments: