Hi everyone--
Since so many people seem to be new to town, I thought I would share two Columbus websites with you all: Columbus Underground and Metromix Columbus. I've been here two years and still turn to these often for ideas about where to go out for dinner, drinks, shows, etc. I've found that the reviews of restaurants and bars (esp. on the Columbus Underground pages) have been very helpful and almost always accurate-- through them I've found my favorite sushi joints, happy hour spots, cheap eats, etc.
And in fact, since we're (well, I'm) talking about favorites, I'm just going to throw a list out there now with some possible suggestions for people (and anyone else who has been in C-bus for a while should add their ideas too!): Great sushi at Akai Hana and Blue Ginger; upscale happy hours and awesome ambiance at Barcelona , Burgundy Room, and the relatively-new Barrio Tapas; delicious microbrews and bar menu at Barley's; fun Thursday night dancing at Ladies 80s (@ Skully's in the Short North); and late-night eats at the Blue Danube (or "Blue Dube," as you will hear it called around Denney).
Also, some of the most unique restaurants in Columbus are the four Liz Lessner-owned joints scattered throughout the Short Nort and downtown: Surly Girl (an English dept. fave, where I always run into folks); Betty's; Tip Top Kitchen; and the newest addition, Dirty Frank's. Each has a cool theme (pirates, pinups, cowboys, etc) and feel, and really delicious food and cocktails. Definitely check them out if you get a chance.
Hope some of these suggestions help, and looking forward to hearing more as everyone learns their way around the city!
How Much Money Is Considered Wealthy?
2 weeks ago
1 comments:
This is my first foray into links, so here goes.
I really enjoy The Press Grill, which is has good food and cocktails, a reasonable beer selection; it is a dark hole in the wall where you can actually have a little privacy when you have a small group. I like The Grandview Cafe, for a great two level patio, good beer selection and good bar food (excellent hummus plate.) My favorite new restaurant for breakfast/lunch is Tasi Cafe, in the Short North. They have fewer, but quality, options - most of which are in the $6-9 range. Awesome poached eggs with black bean cakes.
Also, check out The Topiary Garden in downtown and The Franklin Park Conservatory; both are an excellent blend of art and nature.
Post a Comment