Intro to me...and the end of the world



Hello all, I'm Alex and I'm a first year fiction writer. I'm going to try to be fancy here by adding a picture or two (videos are beyond my, and my computer's, technical capabilities). Figuring out how to put the pictures where I wanted took way too long. I came to Columbus from Columbia, Missouri and I am originally from St. Louis. Until now, and aside from a brief stint in Italy, I've lived my entire life in Missouri. I have a dog and she moved here with me. She's a puppy and she rocks.



That's my dog, Tarkio, sleeping in one of my guitar cases. I play guitar and I sing and I'm trying to learn how to play the accordion. I listen to a lot of folk music and some rock and some jazz...all sorts of stuff, really. I'm a bit of a nerd about beer and I've recently started brewing my own beer.

My theme is the rhetoric of apocalypse/end of the world...kind of. It's an evolving thing. Zombies may play a part in the course.

4 comments:

Alex said...

haha. that picture of my face is huge.

ali said...

You could talk to Becca Fox-Gieg about course theme stuff if needed; she taught the monster-themed course I mentioned.

LCAF said...

One of the best dog pics ever!

Erica Haugtvedt said...

Hey Alex, I was born in Columbia, Missouri. My dad did his graduate work at Mizzou, so my parents were living there. We moved when I was a baby, though.