*Nothing inappropriate was meant by describing potential students as "exposed to their peers." This is why I write and don't vlog.
How Much Money Is Considered Wealthy?
2 weeks ago
The blog experiment of the WPA's (Writing Program Assistants) from THE Ohio State University's First Year Writing Program.
1 comments:
I stole your tag "hicks with videocameras" because I thought it was funny and that the only other vlogger (me) on here was also a hick with a video camera. I'm here from Harriman, TN where the TVA coal fly ash slurry spill happened last Christmas. I understand what you're saying about the under-representation of rural voices in literature and public discourse.
I have felt like an anomaly among English majors (or in college generally) because I haven't met many people from poor or rural backgrounds. It seemed like people I grew up with were strongly encouraged to take up more "practical" trades and now, among those I know who have gone into more abstractly valuable fields, I sense a feeling of shame that keeps many from talking about their roots. So...I talk about it a great deal.
What region do you come from? Coming from Appalachia (particularly east TN) is wonderfully complicated because of its strained relationship to the Southern culture narrative.
Post a Comment