I am a first year PhD student with interests in cultural studies and feminist theory and well… any text ripe for exploring those frameworks. I do have a preference for material that tends to make people squeamish or, as I like to think, bring us into liminal spaces. Please e-mail me at lemay.15@osu.edu if you have seen the documentary Zoo! I also am a new vegan and am increasingly drawn to the field of Animal Studies which I hope to tie in somehow to the interests listed above. My course theme is the rhetoric of gender in pop science.
What else? I hail from Boston, but I grew up in the lakes region of Maine in a wee little town called South China. South China is not even equipped with a stoplight! Shown is a photograph of an early morning on China Lake where I spent my formative summers (and icy winters) being a playful kid.
Currently, I am living in the German Village just south of Schiller Park. I recommend seeing Shakespeare in the Park before it ends this weekend! I brought with me my partner and our puppy, Prudence, who is also a partner to both of us in many ways. Exceptionally happy with her new surroundings (Schiller is her boundless playground), she is making the adjustment easier on us. And so is the workshop! After two weeks of living here with nothing to do I am thrilled to be socially interacting with all of you!
1 comments:
Adorable pup!
Post a Comment