A little about Hye Su


Hi all, my name is Hye Su Park (people often think "su" is my middle name, but we don't have such a thing called middle name in Korea, so it's just part of my first name), a first year PhD student. I "think" I am interested in multi-ethnic literature (I am still trying to figure out what it really means), narrative theory (visual narrative and cognitive narrative specifically), and graphic novel. I unfortunately missed first three days of the workshop due to the plane ticket issue from Korea, but I am glad I am finally here with all of you!

I spent the great deal of my life in South Korea with my loving family, till I finished my undergraduate degree in 2007. Well, there actually was a brief deviation, for I spent my second year in college in Macomb, IL as an exchange student. Upon my graduation from college in Seoul, I solely moved to Boston to earn MA in English, and I now find myself here in Columbus, Ohio.

I like to run and bike. I used to be very into mountain biking, but ever since my mountain bike was stolen in the downtown financial district of Boston, I've been enjoying road biking a great deal. If you want to take a road bike trip or something of that sort, we could plan something together! I also like cooking and baking, even if I am good at neither of them (I am not being humble here). I enjoy trying out good restaurants and I take a great pleasure in eating good food, but only when my purse doesn't feel too light! I love to collect vintage/used stuff. I live in Victorian village, and I am glad to find a few fun vintage stores around my neighborhood.
What else,, I like traveling. I've been to Japan, China, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, India, Egypt, and Mexico. I believe traveling is a great learning experience. It makes me maturer each time.

I am a little shy and could get very quiet, but I always enjoy meeting new people and learning from their different perspectives.

Hopefully, Columbus will grow on me and we all will have great school years together!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good to see you on the blog Hye Su! I'm also in Victorian Village and love to pick apples and bake pies in the fall. We should plan an outing some day.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annika said...

Hi Hye Su! I am also in victorian Village, and I also like to road bike.

I have heard that Columbus has amazing vintage stores!