Rate My Course Topic.com (jk)


Ok...I'm working on my course theme along with everyone else tonight. Here are some artifacts that I've been thinking a lot about. (If you wanna post your artifacts feel free to use the blog as a discussion board for course topics)

New York Times Magazine Cover Article
"The Deadly Choices at Memorial"


This crazy tv show from Spike TV
(I can't watch it b/c I don't have cable, but
I get all I need from the trailers)

stories about plagues and H1N1 info. from OSU

I'm playing with a title lifted from the Spike show. Surviving (the Rhetoric of) Disaster

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be a bit off target with what you are thinking, but you should also consider the Discovery serieses Man vs Wild and Survivorman. Both (as you may know) are shows about how to survive some of the world's most rugged terrain (like a recent episode in Alabama) when you are managing with your meager skills (or advanced training in the British special forces).

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about your theme on my run this morning (sorry, I am almost more excited about your theme than mine...almost), but I was wondering if you had also considered discussing the Homeland Security Rainbow of Threat levels or the way that system has been incorporated into weather reports to let us outdoor-folk know about the potential threats of the air we breathe. Looks like it's an orange day, so either we are at a high risk of terrorist attacks, the air is unhealthy for sensitive groups, or there is a blizzard coming... Any way it goes, I will be glad I bought that duct tape and bubble wrap last week!